Wabeck

Moderator: werner

Methersgate

Wabeck

Post by Methersgate » July 3rd, 2018, 4:16 pm

A German friend sent me a rather nice old pen. It's a piston filler and the name on the chromed nib and on the cap is "Wabeck". I think the material may be black Celluloid, with machine chasing, and, from the weight of the pen and the position of the centre of gravity, the piston mechanism must surely be brass. The clip is very similar to a Pelikan one, but plain. The blind cap unscrews, to reveal a red hard rubber button, pinned in the manner of an Onoto blind cap to a shaft, which you turn to move the piston. The lack of gold suggests to me that perhaps this was made soon after WW2. The quality of manufacturing is excellent.

It's really nice pen. So I would like to ask here, if anyone knows of this maker?

Sorry about the picture:

btine

Re: Wabeck

Post by btine » July 3rd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Hi, I don't think many people visit this site and you may want to try reposting the question on the German language version of the forum. Anyway, some time ago there was a short discussion on the company behind the Wabeck pens:

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/vi ... php?t=6829

If you open it in the chrome browser you'll get the instant translation.

Good luck!

Methersgate

Post by Methersgate » July 4th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Thank you!

harrykane

Post by harrykane » December 19th, 2022, 4:30 am

It's really a nice pen, I love the design, maybe but I really don't know the manufacturer.

hennysmath

Post by hennysmath » February 3rd, 2023, 5:43 am

I don't really know who made this pen, but I have to admit it's a really nice design heardle

jeffreestar

Post by jeffreestar » June 3rd, 2023, 10:07 am

btine wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 7:18 pm
Hi, I don't think many people visit this site and you may want to try reposting the question on the German language version of the forum. Anyway, some time ago there was a short discussion on the company behind the Wabeck pens:

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/vi ... php?t=6829 blossom word game

Good luck!
If you're curious in the pen or its maker, you can think about contacting vintage pen collectors, online forums, or pen enthusiast communities who might know more about or have more expertise with obscure brands.

bekean

Post by bekean » June 6th, 2023, 5:20 am

btine wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 7:18 pm

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/vi ... php?t=6829 fnf

Good luck!
Thank you for sharing the link to the discussion on the German pen forum. It's great that you found some information about the company behind Wabeck pens through that discussion

xeniate

Post by xeniate » December 19th, 2023, 5:06 am

hennysmath wrote:
February 3rd, 2023, 5:43 am
I don't really know who made this pen, but I have to admit it's a really nice design
it's crucial to acknowledge the potential downsides, such as concerns about excessive screen time and the need for moderation.

johnrosep

Post by johnrosep » January 6th, 2024, 10:31 am

This Convertitore Youtube Mp3 is a game-changer for easily transforming my favorite videos into audio files.

johnrosep

Post by johnrosep » January 8th, 2024, 1:43 pm

This bmi nhs calculator is an invaluable tool for tracking and managing one's health. It provides insightful information and guidance, making it a crucial resource for anyone on a wellness journey.