Help pls to ID mystery pen

Moderators: werner, toni

Readymade

Help pls to ID mystery pen

Postby Readymade » April 1st, 2011, 6:51 pm

Hi everyone! Recently found what looks like a frankenpen, but I can't ID what it originally was. Hope someone here might be able to help!

- The overall shape seems Italian?

- Fairly large. Just a bit shorter than a Pelikan M800 -

- Nib is a a large Waterman semi-flex IDEAL 14K nib with a “5” on the bottom is mated with what looks like a Vacumatic feed.

- The clip is probably a replacement? The holes the tabs on the sides of the clip fit into are clearly visible, and the clip looks
like it came from a Waterman 32 but is smooth and has a differently-shaped “ball” at the end.

- Traces of polish stuck between the cap bands and their grooves suggest the bands were once plated, but the bands themselves are uneven.

- No imprint on the barrel, though I can make out faint traces of a work in a stylised cursive -- "auria"? “aurax”? “aurex”? “aurea”? It may have been foil hot-stamped onto the barrel and subsequently lost.

- The barrel, cap and blind cap are thick black and pearlescent burgundy celluloid, with a few transparent patches which have ambered.

- The button hole at the end of the barrel is off-centre, and the blind cap is not completely flush with the barrel.

- Anyway, it’s a straightforward button-filler. Resacced with a #18 sac -

Does anyone have any idea? Any help would be appreciated :)

N05J3W3

Re: Help pls to ID mystery pen

Postby N05J3W3 » April 9th, 2011, 2:30 pm

That's a fairly distinctive profile to the cap lip, but not a familiar one. I have seen in on a vintage Omas Lucens, but I don't see any connection to this pen.

Readymade

Postby Readymade » April 9th, 2011, 3:02 pm

Thanks for your comment!

I've since managed to identify it as an Aurea --

http://strangeknight.wordpress.com/2011 ... on-filler/

But the pen could have been made by Omas. Apparently Aurea was a small pen company and had their pens made by Montegrappa etc.

Nestleluvx

Postby Nestleluvx » December 2nd, 2015, 9:09 am

I like to talk, to exchange experiences in this forum. It is very good to very good..

Return to “Identifying different writing instruments”