Moderator: werner

werner

How old is this Kaweco Dia

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Thema: How old is this Kaweco Dia
Startbeitrag
Autor: Christian OSB

Good Morning fountain pen community,
This week I felt animated through the postings on the new Kaweco Dia and decided to fill up my Kaweco Dia. Now I am beginning to ask myself how old it might be? It has the typical shape of the 60s, but maybe one of you might know better. You can view some pictures by following this link:
http://www.dpsgdamme.de/seiten/penexchange/dia.htm
Thank you already for your help and greetings from Oldenburg!
Christian

werner

Re: How old is this Kaweco Dia

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Antwort 01
Autor: werner

Hello Christian,
I might be able to help you. I used to have a Kaweco Dia 803. I suppose it was made in the same time as your Kaweco. I found a warranty card of my old pen and it says the date of purchase was January 22, 1955. At this point, I should mention that Kaweco pens were already made in 1938, only that they were shaped differently. The cap and the gripping section were flattened back then, whereas in the 50s the pens were more shaped like a cigar.

Greetings,

Werner

werner

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Antwort 02
Autor: hotap

Hello Christian,
The Kaweco-Dia 805 N is published on the "Kaweco price list of fall 1960" and is priced with 6,50 DM.
I can also read that the Dia 805 N is also available with a size SF and SM nib. I found all this on the Kaweco CD "The mirror of time".
http://www.kaweco-pen.com/Shop/shop-ind ... untValue=1
Günter

werner

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:51 pm

Antwort 03
Autor: Petrus

Hello Christian,
I have a Kawevo Dia, too, only with the number 802 G. Apparently, there are lots of different models. The shapes look alike, but they might differ in size. My pen in 12 cm long (when closed) and 10.5 cm with the cap off. It is 1 cm wide (barrel). The synthetic fittings are as good as new. The OM nib looks very good. The nib has the company's logo on it, unlike your pen and underneath the information 14 C 585. As far as I know, the pen was made from the mid 50s to the mid 60s. What size is your Kaweco Dia? Do you know if there were larger ones of the kind?
Peter

werner

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Antwort 04
Autor: Christian OSB

Hello Werner, Peter and Günter,
Thank you for your answers. Now I know more about my Kaweco then I did before. It is interesting to learn more about the obviously wide range of Kaweco models. Here are the measurements of my Kaweco 805:
Closed: 13 cm
Opened (length of barrel): 10.1 cm
Nib: (visible part): 1.8 cm
Barrel width: 1 cm
Nib size: F

Very small engraving on the backside of the barrel, either /08 or /03 (barely readable). The piston-filling mechanism has a transparent piston bar. Viewing window for ink control bluish-transparent; golden-plated stainless steel nib; the golden plating is starting to come off; the engraving on the top of the cap is the Kaweco logo. I can't tell what the sign on the clip is (see image). The nib is not very flexible, but more elastic than the nibs used nowadays. So much to the description of the pen, Peter. Hope these details are of any help to you.
Have a nice weekend!

Christian
Attachments
kawecoclip.jpg
kawecoclip.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 9252 times

werner

Post by werner » February 17th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Antwort 05
Autor: Petrus

Hello Christian,

Your pen is only a little bigger than mine, which seems likely, as mine is an 802 and yours an 805. Otherwise they seem to look the same. The only difference is that one has a golden and the other a stainless steel nib.

Peter

Specmonolg

Post by Specmonolg » January 27th, 2016, 4:46 am

I can not answer your questions because I do.

WernerKoepp

Post by WernerKoepp » November 1st, 2023, 11:07 am

It seems that the fountain pen is too old and you need to replace it with a new one. Refer to if you intend to buy a new pen.