older than 30 years

Moderator: werner

hotap

Re: Business letters and invoices

Post by hotap » March 2nd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Antwort_10
Author: Frodo

Hello,
Here are two more headings from the year 1909 from Sonnecken in Bonn and Lyra in Nuremberg. Interesting on these to works are the huge company properties and the detailed descriptions of the town areas around the company. This is where my series ends. I wish you all a nice Sunday.

Best wishes,
Frodo
Attachments
fül%20briefkopf%20Soennecken,%20Lyra%201[1].jpg
fül%20briefkopf%20Soennecken,%20Lyra%201[1].jpg (191.42 KiB) Viewed 5822 times

hotap

Post by hotap » March 2nd, 2010, 8:52 pm

Antwort_11
Author: st.rochus

Hello Frodo,
Thank you for the nice pictures. I am particularly interested in topics all around the history of Nuremberg.
I'm not sure if I've already posted this information, but we have an old catalog from the company Guttknecht from Stein near Nuremberg. This producer of pencils had a scale as trademark…so who do you suppose had taken over the same titled company and kept all its articles under a different name?
When I find more time, I will post a picture of our catalog here in the forum. It's really interesting.
I myself know such kinds of business letters from my work place. It's amazing to see what big company buildings were illustrated in comparison to the real size of the companies back then. At least it looked impressive!
Greetings from Middle Frankonia to Middle Earth
Elke

hotap

Post by hotap » March 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm

Antwort_12
Author: Tenryu

I might be hopelessly old style, but in my opinion the factories built back then looked much nicer than the ones of today that are no more than ugly sites for the mere purpose of production; or the unloving, replaceable trademarks and company logos on the letter headings.