Help pls to ID mystery pen

Moderator: werner

Readymade

Help pls to ID mystery pen

Post by Readymade » April 1st, 2011, 6:51 pm

Hi everyone! Recently found what looks like a frankenpen, but I can't ID what it originally was. Hope someone here might be able to help!

- The overall shape seems Italian?

- Fairly large. Just a bit shorter than a Pelikan M800 -

- Nib is a a large Waterman semi-flex IDEAL 14K nib with a “5” on the bottom is mated with what looks like a Vacumatic feed.

- The clip is probably a replacement? The holes the tabs on the sides of the clip fit into are clearly visible, and the clip looks
like it came from a Waterman 32 but is smooth and has a differently-shaped “ball” at the end.

- Traces of polish stuck between the cap bands and their grooves suggest the bands were once plated, but the bands themselves are uneven.

- No imprint on the barrel, though I can make out faint traces of a work in a stylised cursive -- "auria"? “aurax”? “aurex”? “aurea”? It may have been foil hot-stamped onto the barrel and subsequently lost.

- The barrel, cap and blind cap are thick black and pearlescent burgundy celluloid, with a few transparent patches which have ambered.

- The button hole at the end of the barrel is off-centre, and the blind cap is not completely flush with the barrel.

- Anyway, it’s a straightforward button-filler. Resacced with a #18 sac -

Does anyone have any idea? Any help would be appreciated :)

N05J3W3

Re: Help pls to ID mystery pen

Post by N05J3W3 » April 9th, 2011, 2:30 pm

That's a fairly distinctive profile to the cap lip, but not a familiar one. I have seen in on a vintage Omas Lucens, but I don't see any connection to this pen.

Readymade

Post by Readymade » April 9th, 2011, 3:02 pm

Thanks for your comment!

I've since managed to identify it as an Aurea --

http://strangeknight.wordpress.com/2011 ... on-filler/

But the pen could have been made by Omas. Apparently Aurea was a small pen company and had their pens made by Montegrappa etc.

Nestleluvx

Post by Nestleluvx » December 2nd, 2015, 9:09 am

I like to talk, to exchange experiences in this forum. It is very good to very good..

Adamnut

Post by Adamnut » April 26th, 2018, 11:18 am

I want to know what kind of pen it is. Can you tell me?

Sabayjoo

Post by Sabayjoo » November 27th, 2018, 9:20 am

This review is the best.

RTThown

-

Post by RTThown » November 1st, 2021, 12:15 pm

Hi all ...
Idk why am just getting ban from katie the bot . Sincerly i dont hack and i really want to play on dat server...Pls help me out to solve this problem

IG Name : Yaa

Odin

Post by Odin » November 1st, 2022, 12:32 pm

It was from this site that i got to know about generating documents. The content i read on airslate.com/product/document-generation was explained incredibly.i for sure learned the whole process of it.

GracieFay

Post by GracieFay » May 17th, 2023, 10:47 am

I'm not sure why I keep getting banned by Katie the bot. I genuinely don't hack, and I want to play on that server.Please assist me in resolving this issue. drift boss

jeffreestar

Post by jeffreestar » August 21st, 2023, 3:49 am

Odin wrote:
November 1st, 2022, 12:32 pm
It was from this site that i got to know about generating documents. The content i read on airslate.com/product/document-generation heic to jpg was explained incredibly.i for sure learned the whole process of it.
The overall shape suggesting an Italian origin could indicate that the pen was inspired by Italian pen designs