How Do You Clean a Pelikan Level.

Moderatoren: desas, MarkIV, Linceo, Lamynator, Zollinger

Antworten
Free Citizen
How Do You Clean a Pelikan Level.

Beitrag von Free Citizen »

Hi there,

I would like to know if anyone knows how to clean a Pelikan Level for storage. I am thinking about putting the Level out of rotation for awhile but would like to clean it before doing so. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
FC
Tenryu

Beitrag von Tenryu »

It is a bit difficult to open the L5 / L65. At the End of the Barrel (where the filling valve sits) are two round holes. Push both of them with a suitabel tool (e.g. a thick needle, wire, etc.) and pull the valve out. Be carefull not to damage the sealing ring. The whole valve with the rod comes out, and you can clean the barrel.
It's not easy, because without a special tool for opening the pen, you will need four hands.. but it manageable.

The nib an the nib-carrier can be pulled out. (Do not screw, just pull.)

I opened and cleaned both my L5 and the L65 pen. They work well again.
Free Citizen

Thank you Tenryu,

I didn't know about removing the nib. Removing the valve seem like a tricky job. Can I just remove the nib assembly and then flush the barrel from that end with a syringe while the arrow mark is on the dot. And also flush the valve with an empty Level refill bottle filled with water. Of course it will have to be dot over dot when I do the latter. What do you think?

Best regards,
FC
Tenryu

Beitrag von Tenryu »

That might be a solution. But the problem is to get all the water out. Maybe you can shake it out. Be carefull when using a syringe. Because there is a second valve at the other end of the small reservoir which is closed when the arrow turned to the dot. In fact there are two valves at both ends of the small reservoir. One of them is always closed. The one at the top is closed when the ring is turned arrow to dot and the other one is closed wen dot is turned to dot (normal position). So the best way to clean this pen, I think, would be to open it.
Free Citizen

Thank you again for your further feedback on this. I will keep them in mind when I clean the Level.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Pelikan“