H2O in barrel of M200

Moderatoren: desas, MarkIV, Linceo, Lamynator, Zollinger

Antworten
david3000

H2O in barrel of M200

Beitrag von david3000 »

I just bought a transparent amber M200 from Fountain Pen Hospital (NYC) and was shocked to see water in the barrel above the gasket (the piston area, not the ink area). They tell me this is in all new Pelikans where they are tested at the factory. Can someone who has purchased a transparent M200 confirm or deny this? Thanks, David.
rudi

Beitrag von rudi »

David,

I can confirm this and I had kind of perspiration water on the same area as well.

I sent the pen to Pelikan and they removed the water because I am not sure if the humidity will dry out by time.
Stephan Th

Beitrag von Stephan Th »

David,

it is possible that the liquid you described could be some sort of lubricant used in order to allow the piston to move smoothly. You would not see this on a pen with an opaque barrel, but on the "demonstrators" it is perfectly normal in my experience. On the other hand, the lubricant should only be a tiny little bit, barely visible.
Dillo

Water in barrel

Beitrag von Dillo »

Hi,

The "Water" is not water, but liquid Silicone grease. In all the Pelikans I have repaired to date, there is a little silicone grease up there. When you buy a brand new Pelikan, you normally have some of that in front of the piston in the barrel.

Dillon
Antworten

Zurück zu „Pelikan“