rotring Artpen Ink and Brillant Ink.

Moderatoren: desas, MarkIV, Linceo, Lamynator, JulieParadise, HeKe2

Antworten
Free Citizen
rotring Artpen Ink and Brillant Ink.

Beitrag von Free Citizen » 20.06.2004 17:42

Hi there,

Does anyone in this forum have some knowledge of rotring ink. I bought a rotring Artpen recently and the advice is to use only rotring ArtPen ink or rotring Brillant ink. The first is described as Artist's ink and the latter high-brilliance ink for fountain pens. I would like to know in more detail the difference between the two. Like if ArtPen Ink contains shellac as some calligraphy ink does. Thanks in advance.

M. Richter

Rotring Ink

Beitrag von M. Richter » 22.06.2004 12:17

The descriped Rotring Brillant ink is a nice ink suitable for all kinds of fountain pens.

I have no idea what the difference is between the regular fountain pen inks and the Rotring "art pen ink" even I have a box of red carts at home I never used.

Think of the Rotring art pen as a regular fountain pen with a special nib; so every other kind of fountain pen ink should be safe to use in this pen (all the other companys recommand - or even allow - the use of their ink only in their pens - this topic has been discussed many, many times in pen discussion forums, but so far no proove have been found that any safe fountain pen ink does damage any brand of pens....).

Stay away from india or calligraphy inks as they are waterproof and don't flush out when dried in - those inks should not be used in any kind of fountain pen if you want to avoid any possible permanent damage.

Try out some of the available fountain pen inks and use the ones you like the color of and writing quailties (you will find your pen perfoming differently with different inks).

I also like to invite you to visit: www.pentrace.com where lots of ink articles and ink reviews have been published which are accessable through their homepage or their "inkspot".

Please feel free if you have any other questions regarding inks and ink colors.

Enjoy your pen and write colorfully

Michael

Free Citizen
Re: Rotring Ink

Beitrag von Free Citizen » 22.06.2004 13:00

M. Richter hat geschrieben: I also like to invite you to visit: www.pentrace.com where lots of ink articles and ink reviews have been published which are accessable through their homepage or their "inkspot".

Michael
Dear Michael,

Thank you for answering my post. You have been quite helpful. It is just that I am using several rotring pens and have bought rotring ArtPen Ink in the past. I am just wondering if I have done any damage to my fountain pens using them. So far, no evidence of it. Anyway, thanks again.

I have visited pentrace.com It is a wonderful sight with many articles of interest. I have not participated in their message board although I find them to be quite lively. Much more so than here. However, the layout is not as good as it is here. But I will give it a try soon.

FC

M. Richter

Rotring Artpen ink

Beitrag von M. Richter » 22.06.2004 13:10

If you have used Rotring Artpen ink in your pens for some time and haven't noticed any changes to the worse, this ink should be safe.

If it flushes out nicely and doens't stain, nothing should harm your pens.

India inks (containing shellac as you mention) would clog pens in use for a longer time.

Do you have any info-material which says that the Artpen ink shouldn't be used in other fountain pens? If it really is different from fountain pen inks there would be some sort of warning on the ink.

I don't think the construction of the Artpens (feed,....) is different from any modern fountain pens.

Michael

Dillo

Parker/Rotring reply

Beitrag von Dillo » 29.07.2005 6:04

Hi,

Rotring asked me to use Parker Quink in my ArtPen. The Artpen is just a normal fountain pen with a stub nib and a tapered barrel.

Dillon

Antworten

Zurück zu „Die Tinte und der Tintenfluss / Ink and the ink flow“