Looking for Fountain pen 20 years ago

Moderator: werner

Karukos

Looking for Fountain pen 20 years ago

Post by Karukos » October 19th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Hello dear people of PenExchange!

I recently got back into this wonderful hobby of writing with fountain pens after I had no worked much with fountain pens ever since I finished highschool. However, with this new found interest in writing instruments like that, i also remembered a few things: Namely my first ever fountain pen I owned:

I do not remember the Brand (but it was probably a Lamy) but it had a peculiar filling mechanism. Instead of of a cartridge it had special ink bottles that had a little needle build into the cap of the bottle. To fill the pen you had to push the needle into a small spot at the back end of the pen and that would fill a large barrel that would hold most of the ink. After that was done you could twist the back part of the pen to let ink flow into a smaller compartment on the barrel, that laid just above the grip, which then fed the ink towards the nib.

Unfortunately as I was young (mere 6-7 years old), brutish (or rather just had a lot pressure) and left handed (lots of frustration in the early years) I unfortunately ended up bending the nib out of shape and since then lost it to time. If anybody remembers such a model I would love to hear it. I would love to get one of those pens back into my collection.

Thanks for reading

Haibara23

Re: Looking for Fountain pen 20 years ago

Post by Haibara23 » March 3rd, 2023, 10:06 am

I'm not sure I know the kind of friend you're looking for but if you remember word wipe it can you share it with me? I also want its model