What to include in wedding invitations?

Moderator: werner

corybell26

What to include in wedding invitations?

Post by corybell26 » May 25th, 2024, 8:17 pm

Hey everyone! I’m currently in the midst of planning my wedding and I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock. Everything is coming together nicely – the venue is booked, the dress is chosen, and we’ve even settled on the menu. However, there’s one important detail that I’m completely stuck on: what to write in the wedding invitations.

I want our invitations to be perfect and to really set the tone for the entire event. They need to reflect the love and joy we’re feeling as we get ready to start this new chapter in our lives. But every time I sit down to write them, I find myself at a loss for words. Should they be formal or casual? Do I include a personal touch or keep it simple and traditional?

I’d love to hear your advice and any tips you might have on what to include in wedding invitations. What have you written in your own or seen that made an invitation stand out? Should I add a quote or a poem, or stick to the basics like date, time, and venue? And how do I convey all the necessary information without making it look cluttered?

Also, if anyone has any creative ideas for making the invitations unique or memorable, please share! I want our guests to feel excited and welcomed right from the moment they open the envelope.

Thanks in advance for your help – your insights will be so valuable to us as we prepare for our special day!

jamesruiz

Re: What to include in wedding invitations?

Post by jamesruiz » May 25th, 2024, 9:19 pm

When my wife and I were preparing for our wedding and talking to the officiant of the ceremony, we asked him the same question. He then advised us to include short bible verses for wedding cards https://www.weddingforward.com/bible-ve ... ing-cards/ . We really liked this idea as our families are religious and weave the bible. We found great ideas on the weddingforward page and included these verses on each of our wedding invitations. I think our guests appreciated this idea as well.